- More than 3,400 patients under 19 went to hospital due to mental and behavioural illnesses brought on by cannabis last year
- NHS figures show the number of admission has risen 38 per cent since 2013/14
- Teenagers say cannabis has become more accessible through social media sites
- Dealers may post cannabis bag pictures on Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- James Hamilton had a cannabis addiction aged 14 and developed depression
Last week a major study in the Lancet Psychiatry journal revealed that potent forms of the drug increased the risk of psychotic disorders five-fold. A shocking 30 per cent of new cases of psychosis in London are linked to skunk cannabis, the King’s College London researchers found.