Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder – Sadly Incurable, but Totally Preventable
FASD - A Global Overview of Children and Youth Inflicted: In this meta-analysis of 24 unique studies and 1416 unique children and youth with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, approximately 8 of 1000 in the general population had fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, and 1 of every 13 pregnant women who consumed alcohol during pregnancy delivered a child with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. The prevalence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder was found to be notably higher among special populations. (for more Global Estimates Of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Among Children - Movendi International
On This FASD Day, can we encourage you to
- Get informed: (see links below)
- Get involved: promote awareness and support the cause; and remember it’s not just a ‘women’s’ issue
- Get intentional: support family who are abstaining by also abstaining – and as you try this best practice health option, let it inform you on the other health benefits of not partaking.
- NOFASD Australia is a family-focused organisation and is the essential bridge linking those with lived experience with researchers and clinicians.
- Four things you can do to support Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder International Awareness Day | FARE
- Dalgarno Institute Website - Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Isabella's List