- More than a million children (22% of all Australian children) are affected in some way by the drinking of others.
- 10,166 children are in the child protection system at least partly due to the drinking of a carer.
- In New South Wales (NSW), Victoria, Western Australia (WA) and the Northern Territory
(NT), carer alcohol abuse is associated with between 15% and 47% of substantiated child abuses cases across Australia.
- There were 29,684 incidents of alcohol-related family violence reported to police in one year across NSW, Victoria, WA and the NT.
- Alcohol was involved in between 23% and 65% of family violence incidents reported to police in these jurisdictions.
- In Victoria, WA and the NT, the numbers of alcohol-related family violence incidents are increasing.